Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What do we have?

Well, I had a chance to take out everything that was inside the Scout and I was surprised to what level of disassembly the Scout was actually in. It's a miracle it didn't fall apart during transportation or when we pushed it into the yard. When you take a look at the pics you'll see what I mean. The doors, hood, shell, windshield, interior were all loose and ready to be taken off. All the screws are in Sharpie labeled Ziploc bags and coffee cans with the complete wiring harness in a plastic storage container. As far as I can tell all the parts are there and the rust on the body is minimal. I also have two sets of doors and front fenders, along with an extra front grill area and front bumper. Since its as far apart as it is I'm gonna take it down to the frame and start from there. Wasn't planning on a frame-off but no better way to really bring back a nice classic back to life.


Look ma, no doors, windshield or interior.

Another view of the cab interior.

View of the bed.

A pair of doors, a pair of fenders, a windshield, a Hi-Lift jack & 1 front seat.

The back seat, dash and extra front grill.

No comments: