Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Always Something

So, I get a call from the Cosmos carrier, Maple Tree Transport, early this afternoon telling me that he is about to pickup the 1963 Scout 80 and that he will have it here by tomorrow. Excellent I'm stoked, sooner than I thought. An hour later I get another call from Maple Tree Transport, now he says the Scout 80 is in to many parts for him to load it up, that he can't get inside the cab and that he basically won't be able to pick it up. He was friendly the whole time and seemed genuinely concerned. I then get on the phone and I call Cosmos, call the previous owner, call Cosmos, call the carrier, call Cosmos again. After all is said and done Maple Tree Transport won't be able to pick up my Scout, at least not today. I'm going to need an enclosed trailer and it will be 200 bucks more. What am I gonna do? Of course, I agreed, it's still cheaper than any other quote I got. The shipping clock gets reset and someone will be in contact with me about the shipping of the '63 Scout.

I went to the Post Office and got the Title, will probably do the transfer later this week.

No comments: