Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Front Bumper Torture

Finally got the front bumper removed. Man what a pain in the ass. That thing had more support bracing than I've ever seen. I looked like they were planning to run into the side of a armored truck or something. I took the torch, Sawzall and disk grinder to the damn thing, now I have the back left to do. Everything should come apart pretty easily after that. Below are some pics of what I went through and the final bumper free Scout 80 front end.


Here is the front end with the grill off finally and the bumper about to be taken off.



On these two you can see the bracing I had to cut through.


As you can see, who ever welded the front bumper on welded right over the bumper bolts. Not too bright.


Here you can also see where someone butchered the frame, I guess to mount a winch. Gonna have to fix that!

No comments: